Call for Nominations to the Ontario One Call (ON1Call) Board of Directors
Call for Nominations to the Ontario One Call (ON1Call)
Board of Directors
Ontario One Call (ON1Call) is charged with operating the regulatory regime established by the Ontario Underground Infrastructure Notification System Act 2012. It relies on qualified individuals to serve on the Board of Directors to guide the organization and to ensure it meets its obligations to members, excavators and stakeholders.
ON1Call has the following categories of members: Municipal and Government, Electricity, Gas & Oil Pipeline, Telecommunications & Cable and “Other”. The “Other” category consists of members who are not covered by the four previous named sectors. There are also two excavator representatives on the Board.
Invitations are invited for qualified individuals to stand for nomination for the following six vacant positions on the ON1Call Board of Directors for terms starting in June 2017:
Medium Municipal Sector (between 80,000 and 300,000 Residents): Term through June 2020, with an opportunity to stand for a subsequent three year term
Telecommunications Sector Representative: Term through June 2020, with the opportunity to stand for a subsequent three year term
Gas & Oil Pipeline Sector Representative: Term through June 2020, with the opportunity to stand for a subsequent three year term
Small or Medium Electricity Sector Representative (Less than 100,000 Customers or between 100,000 and 1,000,000 customers respectively: Term through June 2020, with the opportunity to stand for a subsequent three year term
Large Electricity Sector Representative (More than 1,000,000 customers): Term through June 2020, with the opportunity to stand for a subsequent three year term
Excavator Sector Representative: Term through June 2020, with the opportunity to stand for a subsequent three year term
To be eligible to stand for election, certain conditions must be met:
- The individual’s employer must be a member of ON1Call at the time of the board election in June 2017
- The employer must be supportive of the investment in time and interest that all ON1Call directors make, including attending five board meetings annually and possibly volunteering for board committees and/or task forces.
- The person must have a combination of skills and experience that equip them to serve on the board.
ON1Call board members are volunteers; no payment is made for their time.
Their sponsoring employers typically fund the travel and other expenses that board participation may require of the individuals.
In the situation of an organization that may not fund such expenses, ON1Call is able to reimburse the board member’s direct expenses only. No reimbursement of the director’s time can be made.
Qualified individuals are advised to contact ON1Call by email before March 31, 2017. The email should:
- Indicate their intention to stand for election.
- State their reasons for being considered to be a director, including past board experience.
- Include a CV and a letter of support from their organization.
- Be sent to the Governance and Nominations Committee, c/o Ben Hamilton at email@example.com.
The Governance and Nominations committee will evaluate all applications and subsequently contact all applicants. The committee will either arrange a telephone interview or advise that it will not be proceeding with a particular application.
Interviews via phone will take place in April 2017.
Executive Director, Ontario One Call
Chair of the Governance and Nominations Committee