Call Before You Dig 24/7 for A FREE Locate 1-800-400-2255
For contact information regarding a locate status CLICK HERE
Natural Gas Sewer Safety Inspections
Before any work starts to clear a blocked sewer beyond the walls of a building, it is very important that you or your plumber contact Ontario One Call.
It’s possible that some natural gas lines could intersect with sewer service lines. A serious safety issue may result if the tools used to clear the sewer service line damage a natural gas line, causing a gas leak.
Latest News – 07/04/2014
ON1Call Executive Director Announced
On behalf of the Board of Directors of Ontario One Call, I am pleased to announce that Ben Hamilton has been appointed Executive Director, effective July 28th, 2014. Today’s announcement is an important step in our journey towards a member-focused organization working to improve public and worker safety in Ontario.
Over the past ten years, Ben has been an integral part of the campaign to establish a mandatory Call Before You Dig system in Ontario. Starting with his advocacy leadership on the ORCGA Government Relations Committee, and more recently his work with Ontario One Call, Ben has helped shape the development of the new regime and is well placed to continue our efforts to reduce and eliminate underground damages.
He brings a combined 15 years’ experience in the utility and government sectors. Over the past ten years he has worked in the utility industry, serving in management roles in municipal relations, strategic planning and damage prevention. His government experience includes high profile roles in media relations and legislative affairs at both Queen’s Park and Parliament Hill.
Ben holds a B.A. (Hons.) degree and a Masters in Public Administration from Queen’s University.
Please join me in wishing Ben well in his new role. As Ontario One Call continues on our exciting path, we will continue to work with our members and excavators to deliver a safer Ontario.
Bruce Furlong – Chairman of the Board, ON1Call
- Thank you to all who attended and watched via webcast our AGM on June 20, 2014. To view a copy of the ON1Call Annual Report please click HERE.
- To view the webcast replay of the June 20, 2014 ON1Call AGM please click HERE.
Please visit the Resource Centre for documents pertaining to ON1Call’s Governance.
To reduce damages to underground facilities and promote safe excavation practices through the operation of a state of the art One Call Centre for all facility owners in Ontario.
We will accomplish this by:
- Increasing membership & understanding our member needs
- Maintaining a mutually healthy alliance relationship with our service providers
- Focusing on providing a cost-effective and high quality service to stakeholders
- Promoting damage prevention initiatives in Ontario and industry wide
- Providing an open and dependable communication channel for all stakeholders
- Enhance call centre operational excellence through consistent, repeatable processes
- Adopt best practices